Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Unemployment is Good for You. Or for me, anyway

I did write a couple of pages longhand this morning. It is strange to realize that blogging is the modern version of the journal keeping I did so obsessively for years -- only this is meant to be read, and I would have died, just died, if anyone had seen my journals back then. That was meant only for me -- so this is new, and different, and I don't feel like I have much to say.
Except! That my blood pressure is down twenty or thirty points. Did I mention that already?
I am much more relaxed than I was while employed. It is nice not to feel so constantly driven. It is nice not to feel like my heart might give out any moment. It still might, you never know, but I am not living in constant fear that it will, and that alone probably gives me better odds.
I am starting to take care of medical/dental maintenance items that I have been putting off. Sigh. It's good to be Unemployed.

No comments: